JellyPages.com

Featured post

My New Disney Corner 新しいディズニーコーナー。

As you may know, a few months ago, my husband and I moved to a new apartment. The apartment we live in now is much bigger than the old one, ...

Saturday 11 April 2015

Cinderella

On the 8th of April, I went to see Cinderella with my husband. I was expecting an enjoyable movie with a familiar story, which is exactly what I got.


 I was a little concerned that it would be too much like the animated version of Cinderella, but I have to say that they really breathed new life into the characters. I want to avoid spoilers as much as possible, but they really fleshed out the back stories of Cinderella, Lady Tremaine, and the Prince.

Richard Madden provided a very refreshing portrayal of Prince Charming. He got a lot more screen time than the original Prince Charming, and as such, he was much more enigmatic and able than the original.

While Lady Tremaine did get her own tragic back story, she was still so cruel that she certainly fulfilled the role of villain, and I believe that Cate Blanchett did an amazing job here.


Similarly amazing was Helena Bonham Carter as the Fairy Godmother, though she is slightly different from what you may remember. This Godmother is much more ditzy, and her magical ability is questionable...

I believe that the transformation scene was beautiful. It was well animated, well scored, and the mice, lizards, goose and pumpkin do not feel out of place in this live action adaptation. And, Cinderella's dress is unbelievable. I also really enjoy that the age old mystery (why don't her glass slippers disappear at midnight) is explained.


I think that the on screen chemistry between Lily James and Richard Madden really sold the true love that is felt between their characters. And, even though I knew that they would end up together, I couldn't help worrying about their happy ending!


If you are a fan of Cinderella, Disney, or even just fairy tales, then I think that it is well worth watching this movie. Even my husband liked it!

Becky.

No comments:

Post a Comment