JellyPages.com

Featured post

My New Disney Corner 新しいディズニーコーナー。

As you may know, a few months ago, my husband and I moved to a new apartment. The apartment we live in now is much bigger than the old one, ...

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Disney Fan Magazine

My most recent Disney Fan order
The Disney Fan Magazine is a Japanese magazine dedicated to all things Disney, and has been in print since the early 90's. This magazine contains information about Tokyo Disney Resort, the overseas parks, Disney history and films as well.

The magazine also reveals new shows, menus, attraction and goods too! Very often this magazine comes with a poster and postcards to pull out. Sometimes it also comes with stickers, pull out maps and guide books.

Sometimes there will be special guide books released by Disney Fan, such as the Disney Wedding guide book (which I have finally ordered, and which should be arriving in two weeks-perhaps I can do a post about it), the Fun with Kids guide book, yearly guide books to Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea, and so on.

Disneyland and DisneySea Perfect Guide Books
This magazine is in Japanese of course, and aimed primarily at young women. I quite enjoy that it is a Disney magazine aimed at an older audience. All of the other Disney magazines I have come across have been written for kids, so aside from posters, there is little for me to gain by reading them.

The first Disney Fan magazine I bought was the January 2013 issue. I bought it from Kinokuniya in Sydney. I could barely understand any of the writing, but I still really enjoyed looking at it. The pages are, for the most part, glossy and full colour. The magazine is filled with gorgeous pictures!


When I was in Japan earlier this year, I bought another issue (a lot cheaper in Japan too), and since then, I have been buying them online! At the moment, I am buying them from YesAsia, as they do a good offer with free shipping! Check them out if you are interested in buying them too : )

When I look at these magazines, I feel so happy. They remind me of my honeymoon. And, if you are like me and are studying Japanese, these magazines are perfect for practice. When I bought my first one, I could barely read it. I am still no where near fluent, but I am understanding a lot more than I used to. Reading them keeps me motivated to keep trying!

Which has prompted me to consider doing a 'Learn Disney with Mickey and Friends' segment. So, if you are interested, please keep an eye out for that!

Becky.

No comments:

Post a Comment