JellyPages.com

Featured post

My New Disney Corner 新しいディズニーコーナー。

As you may know, a few months ago, my husband and I moved to a new apartment. The apartment we live in now is much bigger than the old one, ...

Monday 27 October 2014

Meeting Bill Farmer!

Earlier this year, in September, I was lucky enough to be able to attend Sydney Oz Comic-con. The entire purpose of my attendance? To meet Bill Farmer, the voice of Goofy.

I decided to cosplay as Goofy, as I figured it would be a simple and comfortable cosplay. So, I made a Goofy hat headband, and wore an orange turtleneck, black vest and blue pants. And, I wore my hair up in double pony tails, with black ribbons tied around them to be his ears.

My day started early. My mum, sister and I arrived at the venue at about 7:30am, to wait to get in at 9am. Then, once we were in, my sister and I headed straight over to the token booth. She bought lots of tokens, for lots of different celebrities that were there, but I only bought one. A photo token for Bill Farmer.

Before the time slot for this photo though, he had an autograph session. So, I went and lined up with the item I wanted him to sign- my Goofy signature from Tokyo Disney Resort! He was wearing a t-shirt with Goofy snorkling on it, and over the top was an open Disney themed Hawaiian shirt. 

He loved my cosplay! He said that in the Goofy voice. And, we had a small conversation about Disneybounding. His wife asked to take my photo, and of course I agreed! Bill Farmer was very excited to be signing a Goofy signature!

My Goofy and Bill Farmer signatures
After getting his signature, I also got a signature from Jim Cummings, AKA Winnie the Pooh. He told me to stay as sweet as honey.

This might sound weird, but after that entire experience I was deliriously happy. My mum and sister just thought that the whole thing was adorable. I have difficulty visually expressing excitement and happiness sometimes, so I think that they were just happy to see me smiling like an idiot.

There were a few hours between signatures and the photograph, so my sister (when she wasn't getting her own photos and signatures), mum and I wandered around the dealer's floor for the purpose of spending ridiculous amounts of money. This was easily achieved.

My purchases for the day- a Sorcerer Mickey plushie, Disney Traditions figure, Cheshire Cat and comic, 'Mickey Mouse Outwits the Phantom Blot'
Then came photo time! I lined up, still really excited, and when it was my turn, Bill Farmer remembered me! I suppose because I was dressed up as his character. While I was getting my photo taken, his wife took photos of us together too. I felt so happy and flattered that they appreciated my effort so much.

Bill Farmer, he was so nice!
All in all, the day was exhausting and amazing, all at once!

Becky.

No comments:

Post a Comment